Admission to the PhD Global Health programme at Trinity College Dublin is highly competitive. Applicants must possess a strong academic record, international research experience, and a keen interest in global health research.
We are currently not accepting any unsolicited PhD applications to the International Doctorate in Global Health Programme.
Though students are admitted on a rolling basis, the PhD Global Health selection committee meets twice a year to review applications. To be considered for a position on the programme, it is prefered that applications be received by one of two dates:
- June 1st for September admissions OR
- December 1st for March admissions
To be considered for a position on the course, candidates must submit ALL of the following documents to Dr. Frédérique Vallières via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by one of the above deadlines:
- Cover letter
- Personal Statement
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Research Concept Note outlining the candidate’s Proposed Research
- Copy of the candidate’s academic record(s)
The selection committee will then select students according to the following criteria:
- Staff capacity to provide supervision to the applicant
- Satisfactory CV, academic record, and the submission of a comprehensive concept note
- The candidate’s performance during a scheduled interview
- Available funding for the student’s PhD (either through self-funding or through existing research grants and/or bursaries)
Should the candidate succeed beyond this first phase of the selection process, she or he will then be asked to put through a formal application through the TCD online application system. As this is a cross-disciplinary programme, PhD students will be formally registered in the same School as their primary supervisor.