Fees and Bursaries
The following are an estimate of the fees for the 2014-2015 academic year. Fees are payable on an annual basis and vary depending on which School the PhD student is registered to.
Annual Estimated Cost of EU Student
Annual Estimated Cost for Non-EU Student
We understand that pursuing doctoral studies implies a massive financial commitment and we strongly encourage students to seek out bursaries and scholarships that might be available to them. Below are some of the scholarships past PhD Students have been able to avail of:
- Irish Aid Fellowships (link: https:www.irishaid.ie/what-we-do/our-priority-areas/education/fellowship/)
- Health Research Board Fellowship Grants (www.hrb.ie)
- Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (www.research.ie)
- 1252 PhD Scholarship (Trinity College Dublin): Funds students on a full time basis for three years and covers applicable university fees in addition to a tax-free stipend of EUR 6,500.00. Candidates can apply during the formal online application process. Please tick the appropriate box when asked whether you would like to be considered for this scholarship.
- Postgraduate Ussher Fellowship (Trinity College Dublin): Fully covers EU and non-EU fees and provides an annual maintenance of EUR 13,000.00 for three years. As with the 1252 PhD Scholarship, application for the Ussher award is made in conjunction with the formal PhD application online.
- The National Commission for Science and Technology (Malawi)
- Tempere Tuberculosis Foundation (Finland)
- Trials Methodology Research Network (TMRN) PhD Studentship – Closing January 31st, 2015 - CLOSED
- Robert S. McNamara Fellowship: Every year, the RSM programme provides grants of up to $25,000 to PhD candidates from developing countries to conduct innovative, development-related, PhD research under the supervision of a research advisor at a host institution abroad. The online application form is available on the World Bank website between January 7 – February 11, 2015 at http://www.worldbank.org/scholarships. For further application details please consult the Application Guidelines: http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTRSMFP/Resources/Application_Guidelines.pdf